Introduction to Pure Data
Thursday 17th February 6:00pm at The BBC
A first look at Pure Data, the graphic programming language, geared towards digital art with real-time results.
This talk will be optionally interactive. If you want to join in then please bring along a laptop with Pure Data installed.
The talk will include:
- A first look at the data-flow diagram method of programming (programming without writing code!).
- Some objects to make Pure Data work for you.
- A room full of improvising computers!
- How to make your own musical instrument in half an hour!
- Ways to find out more about Pure Data.
- 6:00pm :: Welcome & Pre-session bar visit.
- 6:30pm :: Introduction to Pure Data with Andrew Faraday.
- 8:00pm :: Off to the bar across the road.