‘Faster than Lightning’ talks
Thursday 21st September 7:00pm at MadFabLab
Note: Change of Location!
This month we'll be at the MadFabLab a few doors down from MadLab.
What is ‘Faster than Lightning’?
Faster than lightning is a series of very short and informal talks (around three minutes each), based around snippets of code or workflow tips that you have found interesting, or a tip about something that makes your life easier as a developer. Each talk is then followed by a casual chat within a friendly group.
- Code snippets can be your code or someone else’s, in any programming language, and can be anonymised
- A workflow tip may take the form of a UI screenshot or terminal command of an app or tool that you use. It may even be something that irritates you and you’d like to hear about how other developers approach it
- There is no such thing as a snippet or tip that is too simple or too basic - you’ll be among a friendly bunch of developers of all different experience levels and specialisms
- Your snippet can be something that you thought was good or something that you think could be improved, or something you’re having trouble with and you would like help with
- The order of submissions is random and we’ll keep having presenters until we run out or 8pm, whichever is sooner
How do I take part?
You don't necessarily need to submit a snippet to take part, but we do encourage it:
- Submit a short snippet of code or slide before the meetup to email@example.com
- Chat about your slide to the room for around 3+ minutes on the big screen
- Open this up to group discussion
- Sit back, drink a beverage, eat pizza, and enjoy the other submissions and chats